Shine Like the Sun
I’m not big on resolutions. As a self help enthusiast, personal development happens year round. Reflecting on the year that’s ending is always good however, as it provides continuity and inspiration to create an overall vision for the upcoming year.
This year – 2009 – my vision is to shine like the sun. To get a feel for what I’m talking about, picture the sun emanating from your core with the rays burning off anything in their way. This is a powerful meditation as well.
What I’ve noticed is that most of us shine like the sun when the conditions are perfect, but when something happens that we don’t like, we pull our rays back. What if we were to shine brightly even during a fight with a loved one, or while broke and uncertain of our future?
I’ve also become aware that the rays become blocked when trying to get something from another – attention, approval, etc. It is impossible to shine brightly and be needy at the same time. For who needs an other’s light when you have your own?
My intention for all of us this coming year is to shine brightly regardless of the weather. Here’s how:
1. Visualize the sun shining brightly from your core.
2. Notice if the rays are blocked in any area – perhaps there’s a block around your heart or a part of your body you have previously rejected.
3. Allow the sun to shine through your blocks.
4. Notice the situations that cause you to pull your rays back, then take a deep breath and allow yourself to shine again regardless of the circumstances.
5. Don’t be surprised when people start calling you Sunshine:)
Happy New Year!
Share on Facebook
No comments yet.